Friday, May 6, 2016

The Little Things II

I'm hoping to make this a regular thing so that I'm pushed to blog more often. So, without further ado, here are some of my latest favorite moments from the real and not-so-real world that made me smile or laugh out loud from the heart.

Spoiler alert if you haven't seen Season 6 episode 2 of Game of Thrones!

Banana Pudding

I hate eating bananas. Their gooey sliminess forces me to chew quickly enough to not think about the texture, but slowly enough for my brain and stomach to acknowledge I'm snacking healthy - instead of shoving handfuls of salt and vinegar chips down my throat.

However, combine bananas with other ingredients and you get magnificent results (strawberry-banana smoothies, banana pancakes, peanut butter sandwiches with banana slices etc).

I also hate pudding and custard, which is why I surprised myself by eating a giant mug of,,,wait for it,,,banana pudding last week. It was mostly because my gums were being a pain in the ass (or mouth rather) and I needed an easy-to-eat snack. But holy crap that banana pudding was so damn good. It contained sliced bananas, banana pudding of course, banana wafers, and whipped cream. And it made me so very happy. Even my coworkers were eyeing it from afar.

Pretty sure I liked it because of some psychological connection with my in-pain gums, or because I was starving, but IT WAS GREAT.

I can't believe I just ranted about banana pudding.



via GIPHY


Jon Snow's Apology

I watched Game of Thrones for the first time in 2011. I got bored after watching the first ten minutes and switched it off. I tried watching it six months later and ended up switching it off after fifteen minutes. In 2012, right before I went to university abroad, one of my chud buds made me watch the episode in which Drogon - Daenerys's dragon - kicks Kraznys mo Nakloz's ass. That, ladies and gentlemen, was the moment I fell in love with Daenerys Targaryen...and Game of Thrones.

If I hadn't, I would have never been able to grin after watching Kit Harrington apologize for lying to us about not returning to the show. Oh Kit, you cute little bugger you.



Flash the Sloth

Although I still haven’t seen Zootopia, its first official trailer always cracks me up. One) It features sloths working at a DMV, and two) Flash’s laugh. The trailer says it all. Watch it!
Dragon Boating

Last weekend I, Queen of Netflix and Literally Chill, found an outdoor activity that I *gasp* loved. I was randomly looking up things to do in the Seattle area and came across Dragon Boating – paddling away, rain or shine, on Lake Union with lots of other people. 

Setting aside the fact that I have horrible stamina and my right arm’s still sore, that one hour of paddling on a gorgeous day was exhilarating. The people were wonderful, there were no awkward instances on my behalf, and the post-dragon boating food was Omnomnom-worthy. 


PC: http://clubsake.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/PDX-Race4.jpg
It's Britney, B*tch

Post-work, I usually have my iPod Shuffle on full blast so that I can dance my way home. I shamelessly listen to everything from Skrillex's Bangarang to Don McLean's American Pie to Kapoor & Sons' Kar Gayee Chull. 

What bugs me though is the lingering feeling that somewhere in the world a Music McSnoot is silently judging me while I enjoy listening to “trash” music. "You still listen to Britney Spears? Wtf." "Yes. SHE'S A GODDESS JUST LIKE RACHEL PLATTEN IS. Why do you care what I listen to? Also, f**k off."

It frustrates me that everything an individual does has to be approved by the rest of the world. Why can't I listen to Britney, or a cheesy boy band, or whoever else without getting snarky remarks? Why can’t I watch a movie and not read the book without getting hot air in my face? 

I'm guilty of such snootiness too. Till a few years ago, when someone said they loved Harry Potter because of the movies and not the books, I would automatically look down on them with a disgusted expression. Which is ridiculous! 

So, ladies and gentlemen, please stop being pricks to people who have different tastes than you do.


via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment